Revolutionary Treatment for Whiplash
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash is a neck injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck, like the cracking of a whip. Whiplash most often occurs during a rear-end auto accident, but the injury can also result from a sports accident, or other trauma. In the United States there are an estimated 200,000 cases of Whiplash-associated disorder (WAD) annually.
Signs and Symptoms of Whiplash
The symptoms usually develop within 24 hours of the injury and may include:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Worsening of pain with neck movement
- Headaches, often starting at the base of the skull
- Pain or tenderness in shoulders, arms or upper back
- Tingling or numbness in the arms
Treatment for Whiplash
In Nordic Health we have state-of-the-art neck exercise devices and software. We will measure your neck for strength, mobility, and strength-balance. The results are compared against the normative values of a healthy neck considering the age, sex, and size of the patient. Based on this information we will develop an individualized treatment plan to exercise the neck muscles. We have consistently been able to deliver great clinical outcomes with significantly increased mobility, endurance, and strength levels to dramatically help speed up recovery from Whiplash.
Are you looking for a suitable whiplash specialist?
Nordic Health Spine+Ortho is a clinic-based, physician-driven, patient-centric treatment program for those with spine and orthopedic pain:
- Back, neck, shoulder, hip, and knee pain
- Sudden onset of pain
- First-time episodes of pain
- A history of chronic pain and/or decreased function
- Post-surgical patients (requires a surgeon’s approval)